Tuesday, September 2, 2014
Monday, September 1, 2014
| You have recieved this email at email@example.com. |
Did your friend send you this link? Click here to get your own free subscription.
Click here to unsubscribe from OTCMarketPro Daily.
Job Title: Senior Technical Officer, Prevention Care and Treatment
Duties and responsibilities:
- Provide technical leadership and technical support related to clinical management and home-based care HIV/AIDS strategies and approaches related to implementation of programs.
- Assist in the development of strategies for the design and implementation of HIV/AIDS mitigation interventions. This includes orphans and vulnerable children programming; home based care and other care and support activities at the community level.
- With the Associate Director/Clinical Services and the State Program Manager, coordinate the design and implementation of components related to clinical management of, and home-based care for HIV/AIDS, including the use of Anti-retroviral treatment in field-level projects and programs.
- Provide technical assistance in HIV/AIDS care and support capacity building at the state level.
- Development and implementation of interventions focusing on nutrition, food security, education and skills development; psychosocial/spiritual support and shelter; household economic strengthening, legislative support and child protection.
- With Associate Director/Clinical Services, develop guidelines, tools and recommendations related to the implementation, evaluation and monitoring of HIV/AIDS care and support programming.
- Development of strategies for the design and implementation of HIV/AIDS prevention, behaviour change intervention among most at risk populations i.e. PLHIV, MARPs to reduce sexual transmission.
- Support the implementation of Abstinence, Be faithful, Condom (ABC) and Other Prevention (OP) activities as well as guide the provision of technical assistance to implementing partners on SBC activities.
- Work in close collaboration with the TB and Integrated Medical Service Unit in the implementation of integrated HIV, TB and other medical services at the facility level.
- Provide technical assistance in non-ART clinical care including the management of opportunistic infections (OI) and Palliative care capacity building to field programs.
- Work with relevant staff to coordinate the design and implementation of facility based programs in relation to clinical management of HIV/AIDS, including the use of Anti-retroviral treatment.
- Provide ongoing technical assistance in HIV/AIDS clinical management for FHI Nigeria programs including management of OIs and PMTCT capacity building as well as providing
- Work with technical relevant technical staff to adapt and disseminate guidelines, tools and procedures that will support the achievement of quality service delivery.
- Assist in strengthening a system of reporting on program progress against stated objectives and monitoring and evaluation frameworks.
- Assist in the provision of programmatic assistance to local partners in programming HIV/AIDS/STI activities.
- Provide technical assistance in HIV/AIDS prevention and mitigation capacity building to field programs and develop guidelines, tools and recommendations related to the implementation, evaluation of prevention and mitigation of HIV/AIDS.
- Contribute to development of lessons learned from programs and projects related to HIV/AIDS care and support and apply these lessons to modify existing program and improve the design of new programs.
- Represent FHI/Nigeria to donors and government officials on issues of HIV/AIDS care and support at the state level.
- Remain informed on current programs in HIV/AIDS care and support and related development field by reviewing current literature and stay alert to any implication of such experience and research for department activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of health and development programs in developing countries in general and Nigeria specifically including its comprehensive impact upon those infected and affected by the disease.
- Clinical management and training experience and ability to understand full range of issues around the clinical management of HIV/AIDS, including provision of ART.
- Knowledge of Nigerian clinical setting, including government and non-government settings.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the social, political and ethical issues surrounding HIV infections
- Experience working with PLHA and support groups of PLHA will be an added advantage.
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, consultants and recipients of assistance.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication.
- Well-developed computer skills.
- Ability to travel within Nigeria 25% time.
- Provides technical support and guidance to staff and partners in the region and in country offices. Implements and monitors technical strengthening initiatives. Develops adoption and/or training strategy, designs and conducts training or adoption activities for a specific technical area. Creates scientific and technical material in area of expertise. Assists and gives guidance with development of proposals. Works with communities and partners to maximize local capacity. Evaluates programmatic effectiveness and provides technical assessment reports.
- Provides technical support in the development and dissemination of tools, materials, reports, papers, and intervention for research projects.
- Works closely with assigned team to ensure activities are implemented according to standard operating procedures (SOP's).
- Writes and edits technical reports and documents. Assists with publications, web pages, and presentations.'
- Conducts searches of published literature on evolving issues in assigned technical area.
- Monitors and maintains protocols, instruments, data sets, manuals, training materials and reports.
- Responds to requests and inquiries from internal and external staff.
- Develops or writes technical briefs, reports, or other necessary materials to facilitate research, best practices, policies and procedures.
- Assists with the implementation of research studies by monitoring and documenting processes.
- Conducts analysis of program implementation to identify areas for improvement and propose appropriate technical strategy and guidelines.
- Prepares reports and papers summarizing project results.
- Delivers presentations at professional meetings and conferences.
- Ensures project implementation adheres to company strategy and remains technically sound.
- Provides leadership and team building at the task level.
- Leads the design, development, planning, and implementation of global level innovative technical strategies. Oversees all aspects of the programs/projects.
- Develops strategies and tools for the design and implementation of specific technical components.
- Analyzes data sets and technical assessment findings. Develops and monitors work plans.
- Provides leadership and team building at the project level.
- Serves as company liaison to external organizations at professional meetings and conferences as assigned.
- MB.BS/MD/PHD or similar degree with 3 to 5 years of progressive relevant experience in clinical care with a sound understanding of HIV/AIDS with provision of PMTCT and anti-retroviral therapy (ART) in resource constrained settings.
- Possession of an MPH or post graduate degree in a related field is required.
- Experience in project development with proven experience in the planning and facilitation of training is required.
- Experience in large and complex SBC/BCC mobilization activities in a donor funded national health focused project is an added advantage.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health systems and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
Method of Application
It's unlikely that the location referenced was ever a religious location as significant as a Friary. Despite this, he is a strong supporter of the UCOS team and has used his influence to protect them when necessary. East Covenant, in the Covenant Hills village.
Assembly, where the Government and Opposition were evenly divided. The game's story and design is credited to Jalil Amr, based on an unpublished pastiche novel by Amr. Rivers was declared Lord Scales in Elizabeth's right and had summons to Parliament by that title. Geoffrey was determined not to return home without first obtaining a job. She is also too stubborn to admit defeat.
Photograph of a 1944 Camp Chickagami patch. The image of Gautam Shiknis clicked by me. Bodoni refused to give up his Russian citizenship.
Albert Street Bridge, water fountains, and a waterfall to help aerate the lake. When filming the scene Hudson was aware that he had AIDS, but did not inform her. Boudreau served for twelve and a half years of active duty in the United States Marine Corps. She tells the Doctor that Jamie left.
In 1966 he joined the faculty of the University of California, Berkeley and remained there for nearly 25 years. Production is primarily in rural areas whilst consumption is in urban areas. After a lengthy transfer, the rest day was spent at the site of the beginning of the next day's stage.
Amalgam on Merida Island. Weblaw Gateway to Australian Legal Resources. Energy Solutions Helps Reduce Hazardous Carbon Dioxide Emissions by 15.
The Nigerian Police Force invites applications from suitably qualified individuals for Appointment into the Nigeria Police Force as Cadet...
INEC is currently accepting applications from qualified NYSC members, final year university students and those previously engaged by th...
University of Ilorin invites applications candidates who have applied for admission into the Undergraduate degree programmes of the Univ...
National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) , a Federal Government Agency, charged with the mandate of ensuring ...
Nigeria Customs Service was saddled with the responsibilities of revenue collection, accounting for same and anti smuggling activities. T...
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) is set to recruit categories of ad-hoc staff that will officiate in the forthcoming...
Airtel is company is a limited liability company providing various telecommunications services to the Nigeria business environment. Our ...
University of Ado-Ekiti (UNAD) invites application from candidates who chose her as either their first or second choice, and scored a ...
Nestle Nigeria Plc is part of the Nestle Group, the world's leading Food , Nutrition, Health and Wellness Company renowned for its hig...
We are recruiting superior calibre Trainee Geoscientists & Experienced Specialist Geoscience professionals with the highest standard...
NgRecruiter - Recruitment Portal, Jobs Nigeria, Vacancies Nigeria
Telecommunication Companies in Nigeria Career Website
Zoom Nigeria Career Page | Starcomms Nigeria Career Page | Glo1 Career 2010
The 25 Consolidated Banks In Nigeria Career Website
Diamond Nigeria Bank Career Page | Ecobank Nigeria Career Page | ETB Nigeria Career Page
Fidelity Bank Nigeria Career Page | First Bank Nigeria Career Page | FCMB Nigeria Career Page
IBTC Chartered Bank Nigeria Career Page | Intercontinental Bank Nigeria Career Page | Nigeria Int'l Bank (Citibank) Career Page
Oceanic Bank Nigeria Career Page | Spring Bank Nigeria Career Page | Stanbic Bank Nigeria Career Page
Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria Career Page | Sterling Bank Nigeria Career Page | Union Bank Nigeria Career Page
UBA Nigeria Career Page | Unity Bank Nigeria Career Page | Wema Bank Nigeria Career Page
Zenith Bank Nigeria Career Page | Unity Bank Nigeria Career Page | GTBank Nigeria Career Page
OIl Company Jobs
Atlas GeoSolutions Nigeria Limited Career Page | Chevron Nigeria Limited Career Page | Conoco Phillips Nigeria Career Page
Guinness Nigeria Career Page | Exxon Mobil Nigeria Career Page | Negris Nigeria Limited
NLNG Nigeria Career Page | NNPC Nigeria Career Page | Oando Plc Nigeria Career Page
PZ Nigeria Career Page | Saipem Eni Nigeria Career Page | Sea Trucks Group Nigeria Career Page
Schlumberger Nigeria Career Page | Statoil Nigeria Career Page | Total Nigeria Plc Career Page
TotalFinaElf Plc Nigeria Career Page | Willbros Group Nigeria Plc Career Page | Worley Parsons Nigeria Career Page | Nigerian Breweries Career Page |  MRS Nigeria Career Page